Saturday, March 2, 2019

How Many Times Can I Say I'm Sorry For the Same Thing?

Dear Blog,

I'm sorry I haven't written.  It is probably the fifty millionth time I've said.  I'm not sure how many times I can beg forgiveness for the same sin and have it granted.  It's not you.  It's me.  You wouldn't know it, but I love writing it.  Truly, I do.  The problem is, you never make it to the top of the priority list.  And it is SUCH a long list!  Grad school is just killing me.  I know so many teachers who have done it and done it with kids.  I'm not sure how.  I want kids.  I plan to adopt kids once this is over.  But I am grateful I don't have kids while doing grad school.  I might not have survived!

All that being said, I've decided to add something new to my mile-high plate:  The Slice of Life Challenge.  If a teacher wants to be a skilled teacher of writing, he/she should write along with the students.  To this end, this challenge was created.  For the next month, I will be writing every day.  Can you believe it?  Every day!  Hopefully this will be the start of some better blogging habits.  And so I say sorry once again, but this time I have made a commitment to do better.  A commitment that could involve a prize (if I'm so lucky), which at least will keep me focused.  Which is always a good thing.  So we'll be seeing a lot of each other this month and hopefully onward!

Your wayward author,
Amanda


4 comments:

  1. Welcome! I'm glad you're here for March. It is a challenge, for sure. I hope you are able to carve out the time each day as I look forward to reading your Slices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the format of writing a letter to your blog to start out the month-long writing challenge. I hope you love the SOL March Challenge as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have apologized to my blog many times myself! But you are here and you have written! This is my 6th year of the March Challenge, and I will say it does encourage regular writing, but it also puts me in my students shoes. I experience how they feel about a blank page, how finding just the right word is hard yet exhilarating, and how moving, stacking, and playing words is so much fun. And that you cannot learn in a grad class! I just finished my masters, so I totally understand the pressure. But you can do this! And we will help you the whole way through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! So glad you have joined us! I know how hard it is to stay with this but you can do it! Thanks for taking the first steps! Look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete