Monday, March 11, 2019

Being An Adult

I am inordinately proud of myself today.  I am extremely non-confrontational.  I am a people pleaser and just want everyone to be happy--often at my expense.  I have had an issue in my personal life that has actually been causing me to lose sleep.  Even worse, it has caused bad feelings towards someone I like quite a bit.  Rather than addressing issues head-on, I've been letting them fester.  So today enough was enough.  I decided to use this issue as a growth opportunity and finally had that hard conversation.  And it turns out, it wasn't so hard after all!  The problem is resolved, at least for now, and I know that if something comes up in the future it is better to address it with clarity.  As my friend told me going into this, "clarity is kindness."



4 comments:

  1. Bravo! It is so uncomfortable to have those conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it turned out better than you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm very much the same - introverted, plus a people pleaser, but as I get older I keep having to remind myself that I need to have those difficult conversations. Like you said, it's not usually as hard as it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many days when I don't want to be an adult, and I feel like the dog in your meme!

    ReplyDelete