Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Just Breathe

I have always been a go, go, go kind of person, and my divorce didn't help that.  I NEEDED to stay busy all the time.  Otherwise, the thoughts would creep in.  Once that started, it was a downward spiral every time.  So I didn't let it.  Stay busy.  Never slow down.  Multitask at all times.  Never rest.  Now I'm in a better place, but I still don't stop.  Ever.  Today I came as close as I ever do, though.  I finished a fun book.  I played a favorite game.  I watched a Hallmark movie and WAY too many episodes of The Great British Baking Show.  I also went to the post office, got an oil change, repacked some boxes for my campus move, and cooked a turkey.  So...progress.  Working on blance.  Finding time to breathe.




6 comments:

  1. Yes, breathe breathe breathe! I'm taking a class right now and tonight's was all about mindfulness. Taking time, even a minute, to sit in silence and think about all five of your senses is so helpful and eye opening. Take time to be present. Also, I absolutely LOVE The Great British Baking Show!!!! Definitely recommended for long, hard days full of overthinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did know this "Just Breathe" - my mind went straight to the song from "In The Heights". What book did you finish? What game did you enjoy? It's nearly the weekend, though Saturday is Parent Conferences, still - a bit more space to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find some peace that allows you to slow down more often. Although I have never been divorced, my mom, my sister, and my brother all have been. I remember when they finally allowed themselves to breathe!

    On another note...I noticed you have no comments, and I know I have commented on (almost) every post. Do you have to approve the comments? I realize you may also want them private, but wanted to make sure. The commenting is what makes this community what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering where all the comments were...a month later, I noticed I was looking in the wrong place! On what I see as the writer, I was looking at published ones thinking I had none left to approve!

      Delete
  4. You are a busy girl! I love the video - just breathe is a good thing to say each day!

    Hope you can continue to slow down! Always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good video to watch - good luck in slowing down and finding peace. It is helpful!

    ReplyDelete