Saturday, March 9, 2019

No More Tears

As I read down the list of blog titles for the past week, I realized I was rather focused on tears.  Funny that I didn't notice it while writing, and in my defense, one of those posts did include happy tears as well.  Still--enough of that.  I got through my last day, and now I'm feeling ready to take on the challenges ahead of me with hope and optimism.  And find other things to write about.  So with that in mind...

I just finished watching the last season The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.  Every time I watch a season, I feel like I should start saying words like "chuffed" and "crack on."  Although, when I was talking about this at work and said chuffed, it just didn't sound right.  One definitely needs the accent, I think.  This also brings up an essential question for my life:  Now that I've gone through all the seasons, what do I do next???  I'm leaning towards rewatching.  :)

I went searching for a video of season 9 Ruby saying "crack on," just because I loved it so much.  Then I found this instead.  It's two of my favorite worlds colliding, and I just had to share.  And so I present to you:  Studio C Bake Off!





4 comments:

  1. British humor is absurdly funny. Hoping you can continue moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While reading your post I am reminded about how much I love viewing BBC productions. I agree - whenever a word from their shows passes into my lexicon it just doesn’t as delightful without the accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what other words need the accent and if those in the UK feel the same way about some American words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - you are convincing me to watch this Netflix show. New vocabulary words, your decision to re-watch and the Studio C clip. Thanks for the tip and the laughs! :-)

    ReplyDelete