Sunday, November 19, 2017

Bring the Popcorn

Sundays are rough, ya'll.  And for some reason, they are getting worse.  So I had planned this great blog post all about the trials and tribulations in my life right now that I experience once a week.  While I'm sure that's coming soon, I decided to go in a different direction for this one.  I was decompressing with a little HGTV, and inspiration struck:  We need to have a conversation about House Hunters.

I love this show.  Seriously, I could watch a marathon all weekend.  But part of the reason I love it is to hate-watch.  Really, who ARE these people?!?  They must have:

  •  a white kitchen with granite countertops.  Yes, I just described my own remodeled kitchen, but white wouldn't have been my first choice if I had had a bigger or brighter room.  That and I didn't turn up my nose at the house when I saw the existing cabinets and counters as completely unworkable and needing a complete "gut job."  
  •  hardwoods.  I have tile.  Which I really don't like, but it's just a floor.  It does its job, so all is good.  
  • open concept.  I had open concept in Georgia, and one thing I LOVE about this house is that you can't see the dirty kitchen from the front door.  I also love that the living room/kitchen/dining area are mostly open to each other but have a little bit of a division.  It's nice to leave dishes behind and just relax on the couch after dinner with friends.
  • 50 gajillion square feet for parents and one kid.  Because kids can't share a room.  Or a bathroom.  Ever.
  • a closet the size of a bedroom for the wife who can't possibly share with her husband.  Where would she put her shoes if she shared?
  • a vintage house that has the open concept with a master ensuite and huge closet even though those weren't even a thing when houses of that age were built.
The list goes on and on. And that's not even touching on the fact the couples can't seem to stand each other much of the time!  Do you watch this show?  Do you like to hate-watch it as much as I do?  Oh!  Another marathon is on?  Bring the popcorn!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness... That is the exact same reason I watch that show!

    ReplyDelete