Sunday, November 12, 2017

Starting Over

Sometimes I forget how much I love writing.  For the past year, this blog has lain dormant.  I kept saying I was going to write, but somehow it just never happened.  The desire was there but not the follow through.  About a month ago, it occurred to me that perhaps this was because I needed to change the purpose of my writing.  Until now, it has been very focused on my divorce.  Maybe it was time to change that focus.  And so I printed what I had and then deleted everything I had written.  This is now my "reboot."  I'm not sure what direction it is going in.  I still struggle with the aftermath of an emotional trauma.  I wish I could say that in the last four years I have found myself healed and whole and healthy.  I'm not.  I still cry--a lot.  Being single in the church at my age just plain sucks.  And I'll probably end up writing more than one post about that particular trial in my life.  That being said, I really do want to be a more positive person.  I want to be more focused on self improvement independent of who is or isn't in my life.  Ultimately, I want to be more Christlike.  So hopefully this new start will be a more balanced perspective on what is going on in my life, and through writing I can achieve that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment